Pink Coconut Ladoo, also known as Nariyal Ladoo, is an Indian fudge-like dessert prepared with roasted grated coconut, condensed milk, cardamom, and 100% natural color. So let us learn how to make pink coconut ladoo with easy-to-follow step-by-step instructions.
About Pink Coconut Ladoo
Diwali, India’s Festival of Lights, is incomplete without ladoos. This holiday, celebrate the victory of good over evil with this gorgeous-looking pink coconut laddoo.
Coconut laddoos are a much loved Indian sweet. The grated coconut is roasted in a pan so that there is no moisture left and then the condensed milk and beetroot juice are added to it. It is then shaped into a ball and rolled in grated coconut. They look very festive and can be served for any festival.
Pink coconut ladoo’s are traditionally made with milk. However, using condensed milk shortens the process and saves time.
Looking for a similar recipe with a different flavor?
Why you should make this recipe?
When it comes to the festive mood and festive dessert, Laddoos are the first thing that comes to mind. Pink coconut laddu is the easiest recipe you can make when you are craving something sweet and something that you can make in just 20 minutes.
All you need is to roast the coconut and assemble everything together, and that’s it you are ready to go!!! And the best part of this recipe is that it does not use any artificial color or food color.
Here are some interesting things about this recipe. Pink coconut laddoo is a –
- Quick and easy festive recipe
- Flavorful, delicious and beautiful
- Perfect recipe to make with young children
- Made with 100% natural color
- Easy preparation with simple instruction
Looking for some more recipes for this Diwali?
Diwali is around the corner and festivals are incomplete, without any dessert. So check out the below-mentioned recipes you might want to try this Diwali. These recipes are made from scratch without any usage of artificial color. These recipes are tastier than the ones you buy from the market. Do try these recipes on this Diwali and share your experience with us.
Basic Ingredients used to make Pink Coconut Ladoo:
Pink coconut ladoo is very easy to make. It requires just a few ingredients. Listed below are some of those basic ingredients you would need to make this recipe for this Diwali.
- Coconut: Coconut is the main ingredient in this recipe, you can use freshly grated coconut, desiccated coconut, or coconut flakes to make this recipe.
- Condensed Milk: Traditionally this recipe is made with milk which is a slightly longer process. But, if you are looking for some quick mithai for the festive season, then use condensed milk for this recipe.
- Cardamom Powder: To bring some flavor in this mithai, use cardamom powder, you can avoid this too if you don’t have cardamom at home.
- Beetroot juice: To bring some catchy color, I have used beetroot juice here, instead of any artificial color.
Pink Coconut Ladoo
- 2 cup Freshly Grated coconut
- 1/2 cup Condensed milk
- 2 tsp Beetroot juice
- 1 tsp Cardamom powder
- Ghee for greasing your palms
- Grated roasted coconut for garnishing
- In a pan dry roast the grated coconut on low flame for 3 to 4 minutes (The roasting is to just get rid of some moisture. Don’t brown them).
- Once done take it out in bowl. Let it cool down completely.
- Now add condensed milk, cardamom powder and beet root juice. Mix everything well.
- Pinch small to medium balls from the mixture and form ladoos.
- You can apply some ghee on your palms when shaping the coconut ladoo if you don’t like the mixutre sticking in your hand.
- Now roll each laddo in fresh roasted coconut evenly.
- Keep these laddoos in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 hours so that the laddoss gets slightly firm.
- Now garnish these laddos and serve.
You might also want to try:
A lot of time, effort, and passion goes into each post. My greatest satisfaction comes from your feedback. If you really liked this post and found helpful to you, please take a minute of your time to leave a comment and share it so that others have access to it as well. Thank you all for your support.