Homemade dudh peda recipe is a delicious dessert treat perfect for any occasion made with fresh milk and topped with nuts and dried fruits. You can now make this sweet at home with this easy-to-follow recipe.
About Recipe for Dudh Peda
Dudh Peda is a delicious sweet which one can relish all year round.
Peda is a famous Indian sweet made from Khoya. Khoya is basically dried milk. Khoya is a good source of proteins and a variety of vitamins.
It is also a good option for those on a low-calorie diet as it is a very low-calorie food item.
Sweets are those delicacies that are an inherent part of every Indian festival and function, be it Diwali, a housewarming party, or a wedding function. And one of the most popular desserts during these occasions is doodh peda.
The key to making delicious Dudh peda is in the ingredients and method of preparation. The best part of this recipe is that it requires only full cream milk and sugar to make these desserts. The only time-consuming step is making the milk solids, which took me around 1.5 to 2 hours to get the khoya.
Furthermore, you must keep stirring the milk while making khoya or it will stick to the bottom and finally burn. There is no shortcut for this step, you must complete it until it solidifies.
But then nothing compares the homemade peda made at home.
However, most people would rather order them from a sweet shop than make them at home. Maybe they think it’s a difficult dessert to make.
Doodh Pedas, in fact, are one of the easiest and simplest sweets I’ve ever made. So do check out my way of making this delicious dessert from scratch at home.
Why you should make this recipe?
Dudh Pedia is one of the most delicious desserts of all time. So if you are planning for some delicious dessert on your menu, don’t forget to try out Doodh Peda.
Dudh peda is a perfect sweet for gifting as well as the perfect recipe to make for this Diwali. You can make dudh peda a day before and enjoy Diwali, interesting right?
- Easy to make
- No-bake dessert recipe
- Made with very minimal ingredients
- One of the most delectable desserts in India
Looking for some more dessert recipes for Diwali?
In India, during Diwali people make a lot of sweets at home. Here are some of the best dessert recipes that are prepared in India during Diwali.
Basics Ingredients used to make Dudh Peda:
Milk: To get good results, use full cream milk.
Sugar: I have used sugar here, but you can substitute jaggery for sugar if you want to.
Cardamom: Cardamom gives a very nice flavor and aroma, so make sure you add this. But in case, you don’t have it you can still make peda.
Nuts: Nuts are optional, I have used pista to garnish peda, you can use nuts as per your choice.
Dudh Peda Recipe
- 2 ltr Full Cream Milk
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Cardamom
- Boil milk in a wide saucepan on high flame.
- Once it comes to boil reduce the flame to a medium high.
- Let it boil until the quantiy of milk reduces to half and thickens.
- Keep stirring so that it doesn’t stick to the bottom surface.
- Scrap side cream and mix it into milk.
- Cook over medium flame until it is of thick and dry consistency. And the milk solid starts leaving the pan.
- Now add sugar and cardamom powder. Mix well.
- Cook for another 5 minutes on low to medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- The milk has thickened now. Turn off the flame.
- Take out the mixture in a separate plate. Let it cool down.
- Now grease your palm with ghee.And take a small part of mix.
- Roll out a bit and slightly flatten it to make it like cookie.
- Press it from the centre with your thumb and the Peda is ready. (you can also make some designs as per your choice)
- Prepare all of the Peda in the same manner and allow them to rest for 4-5 hours before serving.
- You can refrigerate them and eat them within 8 to 10 days.
Frequently Asked Questions about Dudh Peda Recipe?
Why is Peda chewy?
The dough’s consistency, or the mixture’s consistency, is crucial. Do not continue to stir it. If you leave it on the flame for too long, it will solidify and become chewy.
How long does milk Peda last?
Milk pedas will keep for approximately two days at room temperature, but they will keep for up to a week or two in the refrigerator.
Can we substitute jaggery for sugar?
Yes, you can.
You might also want to try:
Recipe for Makhana Kheer
Gajar ka Halwa
Beetroot Halwa Recipe
A lot of time, effort, and passion goes into each post. My greatest satisfaction comes from your feedback. If you really liked this post and found helpful to you, please take a minute of your time to leave a comment and share it so that others have access to it as well. Thank you all for your support.