Rice Flour Roti Recipe is an easy to make recipe made with rice flour and can be served with Aloo ka bharta, salad and pickle.
We are gearing up for our next vacation and this time round, a slightly longer one to my hometown in Bhagalpur. It is more than a year that I went to my hometown or, met my parents. So I am sure it is going to fun time.
And since we will be there for almost 3 weeks, it will be some nice time out with my family.
You know the fun part?
It’s mango season there. Summers are something that we look forward to just because of these mangoes. Though mangoes come into the market in the beginning of April itself, most of them are artificially ripened ones. So it doesn’t taste as good as the naturally ripened ones.
We were actually planning to travel to my hometown during May but my mom advised that we do it in June because that’s when we could get tasty and sweet mangoes.
There are about 283 different varieties of mangoes that are available in India and though not all of them are available everywhere, the most common ones are available.
While Banganaphalli is the most sought after mangoes in Bangalore, the Malda mango is the one that is the favorite in Bhagalpur. And I simply love both of those though I like Malda, a little more.
Because it is so fleshy and sweet that you could just peel off the skin with your hands and then have a whole one, just like that.
My mouth is already watering and I am seriously looking forward to this vacation. In fact, it’s after a long time that I am going to Bhagalpur during the Mango season.
How to Make Rice Flour Roti Recipe – Chawal ke Aate ki Roti
Rice Flour Roti Recipe (chawal ke aate ki roti) or paratha is also known as Akki rotti in Karnataka.
This recipe tastes really good that you just can’t stop at one.
People in India serve this recipe along with various different combination. Even the making style of this recipe differ from place to place.
We serve this recipe along with Al0o ka bharta also called as Indian mashed potatoes, salad, pickle, and a mixture of salt, mustard oil, and garlic.
Rice Flour Roti Recipe is a good option for breakfast on weekend. You can check out the Kerala Rice Puttu Recipe which is again made of Rice Flour. 🙂
Chawal ke Aate ki Roti
- 1 cup Rice Flour
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- Water as needed
- Oil/ghee to roast
- Combine rice flour and salt in a deep bowl.
- Now adding hot water little by little knead the rice flour and form a soft dough.
- Now divide this dough into equal portions.
- Take each portions and roll between your palms to form smooth balls.
- Take each ball, dust with enough rice flour and using rolling pin roll in to medium thin roti.
- You need to roll evenly applying mild pressure as it can break easily.
- Now heat a tawa, carefully transfer the rolled roti on to it.
- Cook each paratha on both the sides, using a little ghee or oil and cook until brown spots appear on both the sides. (If you want to have it like roti then do not apply oil on it)
- Serve this paratha or roti along with aloo bharta, salad, and pickle of your choice.
If you like this post, I would really love it, if you pin it or share it with your Facebook fans or Twitter followers or Google+ circles today. All it takes is a simple click on the “pin it” “like,” “share,” “tweet,” or Google+ buttons below the post. It will keep me motivated. ???? Thank you!