Soyachunks Pops recipe is a simple, quick-to-make and tasty snack recipe that everyone in your family is sure to like.
Kids are so inquisitive and once they hear something from someone, they would have a hundred questions about it.
Since the last week, my daughter was after me because she wanted to plant and grow a tree. She wanted to do it from the very beginning, that is by sowing the seed, because she was told at school that, the process started from sowing the seeds.
And she was so excited to do that. I kept ignoring her requests but she was persistent with her push.
Two days back we bought some apple and after seeing that she proactively came to me and said, “Mama, I want to eat an apple”.
I was surprised to hear this because she gives the last preference to food. Whenever I ask her if she is hungry, she would say no. At times it becomes really tough for me to make her eat something.
And as I keep saying, cooking is an experiment for me, and by now you would have got to understand that the reason for all of my experiments with cooking is also my daughter. I always try making the same recipes in a different way so that she feel excited to eat the food and that she will at least have something healthy.
Coming back to her demand of growing a plant, she wanted to eat an apple so that she can get some seeds from it and she can sow it. So more than eating an apple her interest was the seeds inside it.
I arranged a pot for her. The excitement in her eyes was worth seeing. Finally, she was able to sow a seed. She watered the plant and kept the pot in the balcony.
Now, if you thought that her questions culminated there, then wait and hear this.
As we were walking into the room, she asked “If we sow apple seed will that grow into a mango tree”. I smiled at her innocent face and said “No dear. What grows out of the seed is decided by the fruit from which the seeds came. So if you sow an apple seed, it will grow into an apple tree only”.
Her questions kept coming in non-stop. And I kept answering them only to be asked another question.
Though at times, you get frustrated with the kind of questions they throw at you, it is important that you answer them. Because how you respond to them and their questions is what will decide how they react to situations.
Soyachunks Pops Recipe
One of the things that I consciously use in a lot of my daily recipes is soya chunks. The objective is to consume proteins in whatever way possible.
Another reason I use soya chunks is also because my daughter likes them and these pops were made especially targeting her.
This Soyachunks pops recipe is a nice snack recipe that shouldn’t take more than 20-30 minutes and kids will surely like it. Or, at least so I think.. 🙂
Soyachunks Pops Recipe – Step by Step VideoPrint Recipe
To Roast Soya Chunks
- Soya Chunks - 1 1/2 cup
- Gram Flour - 1/8 cup
- Pepper Powder - 1/6 tsp
- Chilli Powder - 1/3 tsp
- Chat Masala Powder - to taste
- Lemon - 1/2 squeezed
- Oil - 1 1/2 tbsp
- Salt - as needed
For Gram Flour Mixture
- Gram Flour - 1/8 cup
- Ginger-garlic Paste - 1/3 tsp
- Chilli Powder - 1/6 tsp
- Chat Masala - to taste
- Water as needed
- Soak the soya chunks in hot water.
- Rinse it well with good water and squeeze them.
- Heat oil in a pan, add soya chunks and fry for few minutes.
- Add 1/2 tbsp oil again and salt to taste and continue stirring.
- Add pepper powder, chilli powder, chat masala, lemon juice and stir fry again. Set aside.
- Now in a bowl add gram flour, ginger garic paste, salt, chilli powder and chaat masala to taste.
- Add water little by little and make a smooth and consistent semi soild mixture.
- Add the fried soya chunks into the mixture and mix well so that the soya gets coated nicely.
- In a pan heat oil.
- Add soya chunks in oil and deep fry them until golden brown.
- Once done take it out in a tissue paper.
- So the easy soyachunks pop recipe is ready to serve.
- Serve along with tomato sauce, mayonnaise topped with oregano.
A lot of time, effort and passion goes into each post. My greatest satisfaction comes from your feedback. If you really liked this post and found helpful to you, please take a minute of your time to leave a comment and share it so that others have access to it as well. Thank you all for your support. ????