Bhune Tamatar Ki Chutney is a recipe that follows a process that is similar to that of baingan ka bharta and has a smokey flavor too.
There are lot of people to prefer some kind of chutney or accompaniment in their meals. While some prefer a slightly spicy one like coriander chutney, yet others prefer the sweet tomato chutney. And then there are a few others who want that tangy taste and would hence prefer a sweet and soury chutney. If you fall into that category then you are going to absolutely love this chutney.
So let’s check out the recipe here….
Bhune Tamatar Ki Chutney – Spicy Roasted Tomato SaucePrint Pin Rate Share on Facebook
- Tomato - 1 large
- Garlic - 2 pods finely crushed
- Green Chili - 1 finely chopped
- Coriander Leaves - 2-3 tbsp finely chopped
- Whole Dry Red Chilli - 1
- Salt - as per the taste
- Mustard Oil - 1 tbsp
- Wash the tomato and pat dry.
- Switch on the flame and place the tomato on stove top on open flame directly.
- You can also cook the tomato on hot charcoal directly or on a portable BBQ.
- Keep turning the sides of tomato in every 1 min. Tomato should get cooked in approx. 3-4 minutes.
- When the tomato gets cooked remove the tomato with the help of two spoons.
- Once done, place it on plate or in a bowl.
- Let it cool down.
- When it gets cold enough to handle with hands, peel off the burnt tomato skin.
- Its entirely up to you that you can make this recipe without peeling the skin. But I would recommend that you peel the skin before mashing, because It will get rid of the burnt skin and at the same time look good in your presentation.
- Once you mash the peeled tomato add coriander leaves, garlic, green chili, mustard oil and salt. Mix well.
- Now hold the dry red chilli on the stove using the tongs and roast it.
- Crush the chilli with your fingers and add it to the mashed tomato and mix well.
- So the tomato chutney is ready to serve.
- This can be served as a side dish along with khichdi, plain rice and dal, roti etc...
A lot of time, effort and passion goes into each post. My greatest satisfaction comes from your feedback. If you really liked this post and found helpful to you, please take a minute of your time to leave a comment and share it so that others have access to it as well. Thank you all for your support.