In this blog post, I will show you how to make aam ka murabba easily. Aam ka Murabba or Mango murabba is a sweet and tangy mango preserve made from unripe green mangoes. Aam ka Murabba goes really well with paratha, poori, or roti. (Step-by-Step-Recipe)
About Aam ka Murabba
Aam ka Murabba is made with Mangoes and sugar, and then spiced with some cardamom powder, cinnamon sticks, and saffron. For this recipe mangoes and sugar, both are heated until they reach a jam-like consistency, and you get a finger-licking sweet-sour preserve.
It’s also a great addition to chapatis while packing the tiffin box. Murabba can also be served as a side dish with a North Indian meal. Murabba can be served as a dessert as well, especially when you are craving some sweetness and you are not in the mood to make some.
This is the easiest recipe you can make this season. The only difficult part is grating the unripe mangoes. So I would suggest making a small batch.
I have also prepared Aam ka Chunda last week, in case you missed it, you can check it out HERE.
Why you should Make Aam ka Murabba?
We should definitely make this recipe now that mangoes are available. Here are some of the reasons why I recommend making this –
- Can be stored and consumed for a longer period
- Goes well with poori, paratha, plain chapati
- Can be consumed as a sweet dish, when you are craving for some
Looking for some more Mango Recipes?
You might want to take a look at some of my raw mango recipes. Make these recipes at home till mangoes are available.
Basic Ingredients Used to Make this Recipe:
Raw Green Mango: Pick ones that are dark green in color and firm to the touch and also pick the tangy mangoes, not the partially ripened ones.
Sugar: This pickle is sweetened with sugar. If you want you can use jaggery instead.
Other Ingredients: In addition to the above you’ll also need a piece of cinnamon stick, cardamom powder, and a few saffron strands.
Aam ka Murabba
- 2 no Raw Mango Large
- 2 cups Sugar
- Cinnamon Stick Small piece
- 4-5 no Cardamom Powder
- Saffron few strands
- Rinse and wipe dry the mangoes. Then peel them.
- Grate the mangoes.
- Now add sugar, mix well & keep it aside till sugar dissolves.
- In a pan take the sugary pulp of mango with its water and cook just before it becomes 1 string (1 taar) chasni, it should become a little thick.
- Turn off the heat, as it slightly cools down, add a small piece of cinnamon stick.
- Add 4-5 cardamom powder and a few strings of saffron.
- Mix everything well and let it cool down completely to room temperature when chasni will become very thick
- Murabba is ready, store it in an airtight container and enjoy the whole year.
My Recommended Product:
To make Aam ka Murabba, you really need a good quality grater. Here I am listing a product that I am using. So if you like this product, go ahead and grab it now!!!
Disclosure: Bear in mind that some of the links in this post are affiliate links and if you go through them to make a purchase I will earn a small commission. Keep in mind that I link these companies and their products because of their quality and not because of the commission I receive from your purchases. I am an independent blogger and the reviews are done based on my own opinions. The decision is yours, and whether or not you decide to buy something is completely up to you.
You Might Also Want to Try:
Kadumanga Achar – How to make Instant Mango PickleCheck out this recipe
Kannimanga Achar Recipe
Aam ka Achaar Recipe
Please do take a little time to comment on the recipes, as your feedback means a lot to me. And don’t forget to share the recipes on your favorite social networks sites.