Jack Fruit Seeds Stir Fry Recipe is a healthy recipe made from the seeds of Jackfruits, which most of us would otherwise throw out as a waste.
As I am sitting beside my window writing this blog post, I could feel a nice cool breeze flowing in through the window. It has been raining since evening here in Bangalore.
Though it’s not a heavy rain, but then it is enough to provide relief from the hot weather that we have been experiencing over the past several weeks.
And as I sit here writing the blog post and enjoying the nice rain outside, I am being tempted to shutdown my computer and go to the balcony.
Because the rain is now transformed to a nice drizzle and the breeze is nice and cool. What better weather to enjoy a cup of tea and some nice pakoras.
I will have to rush to my kitchen and made some pakoras real quick and I am definitely going to do it as soon as I finish my blog post for today.
I am sure you can understand how excited I am to enjoy the weather as the rain is continuing.
Anyways, let me tell you the name of the recipe I am going to share with you all today. It is “Jack Fruit Seeds Stir Fry Recipe”.
I learnt this recipe from my mom-in-law. To be frank I never imagined that we could make a recipe using Jackfruit seeds. Because most of us would be of the impression that seeds are to be thrown.
If you were like me and thought so, then you are definitely going to enjoy this tasty recipe.
Jack Fruit Seeds Stir Fry Recipe
As the name says this recipe is made of Jackfruit seeds. A delicious way to use seeds which not many are aware of!
Jackfruit and its seeds contain plenty of fiber, vitamins, and minerals. Its a healthy food to consume, when available.
This recipe is very famous in Kerala. I won’t say that this is an easy recipe to make but it tastes really good. This can be served as a side along with rice, dal etc. And my favorite way to eat this recipe is just like that when it is hot and crispy. 🙂
- Jackfruit seeds/chakkakuru - 1 cup
- Mustard Seeds -
- Onion - 1 finely chopped
- Ginger - 1" piece crushed
- Garlic - 2-3 cloves crushed
- Red chilli powder - 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
- Coconut oil/vegetable oil - 3-4 tsp
- Salt - as needed
- Water - to boil jackfruit seeds
- Peel the white skin of the jackfruit seeds with a knife.
- Pressure cook the seeds with enough water.
- Once cooked, let it cool down.
- Now peel the seeds and remove the brown colour layer slightly as much you could remove by scrapping with the knife.
- Cut each seed into four quaters along the longer side. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and add mustard seeds.
- Once the seeds splutter add crushed ginger-garlic and fry them well.
- Add onion and turmeric powder. Saute until golden brown.
- Add cooked jack fruit seeds, saute for few minutes in a medium heat. Add chilly powder and salt (if needed). Saute and fry it until light brown and becomes crispy.
- So the jackfruit seeds stir fry or chakkakkuru mezhukkupuratti is ready to serve.
MY PICKS FOR THIS RECIPE
A lot of time, effort and passion goes into each post. My greatest satisfaction comes from your feedback. If you really liked this post and found helpful to you, please take a minute of your time to leave a comment and share it so that others have access to it as well. Thank you all for your support. ????