Instant One Pot Vegetable Biryani Recipe is a quick biryani recipe made by using an ordinary rice and some of the basic vegetables which are easily available at home on day to day basis.
This is the best recipe for people who are bachelors and busy office goers.
“There is an artist in everyone of us“.
I had read this quote somewhere, a few years back. And I truly believe in it as well.
It is this artist inside us who gives birth to all of our hobbies and passions. I, just like a lot many other kids had hobbies of my own – painting, music, dancing etc. Were just some of them…
But then life happens… and we forget to live.
Or, so is our excuse for letting go of our hobbies and passions.
Somewhere in there it still keeps struggling and wriggling to come out but finds itself trapped inside an invisible cage called “excuse”.
I too was no different. Rather I should say that I too am no different.
There are a still a lot of those down there inside me, which I need to free from the cage of “excusitis”.
A few days back our little daughter came to us with a note from her school. The note was about a “drawing competition” that was planned in her school. The twist was that it wasn’t for the kids. Instead, it was for their parents.
She wanted us to participate in the competition. At first, we weren’t really willing to do it.
There were hundreds of excuses, as always. We had a lot of work to do, the timings were uncomfortable, it was a working day etc.
But for a moment, when I looked at Dilip I felt as if the two of were saying the same thing to each other; “To let go of everything and follow our heart”.
The two of us enrolled in the competition.
This last Friday was the competition. We didn’t win any prizes. But there was a sense of satisfaction. Satisfaction, that we did something we always wanted to do.
Those 2 hours, while we were busy painting felt like we were in a different world altogether. Such was the feeling of contentment.
Both me and Dilip took a decision of not letting our hobbies stay trapped inside us. We decided that we will let them loose.
Recently I enrolled in dance classes along with my daughter, another one of my passion. And both me and Dilip are already enrolled for some sketching classes too.
We are happy that we were able to free, at least some of the hobbies that were trapped within us.
I love this video below, which can motivate anybody to do what they have always wanted to do. Let us free ourselves from the enemy within and follow our passion.
I hope you like this video.
Do you have a passion that you have always wanted to follow? If so, commit yourself to follow it by commenting below. Let us be a motivation for each other.
Instant One Pot Vegetable Biryani Recipe
Instant one pot vegetable biryani recipe is a combination of rice, vegetable, whole garam masalas, mint and coriander leaves.
This recipe is very easy to make and does not require any fancy items.
So why not make this recipe on Sunday, simply use any rice and veggies of your choice to make this biryani, and share your experience with us we would love to hear from you.
You might want to check our Thuvarai Biryani Recipe ….
- 3 cups Ordinary Rice
- 2 cups Oil
- 4 nos Potato
- 300 grams Beans
- 2 nos Carrot
- 8 nos Green Chillies broken
- 10 nos Cloves
- 3 nos Black Cardamon
- 3 nos Bay leaf
- 3 nos Mace
- 6 nos Green Cardamom
- 12 nos Pepper Corn
- 1 1/2 tsp Fennel Seeds
- 4 inch stick Cinnamon Sticks
- 1 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 tbsp Stone Flower
- 3 tbsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tbsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1 tbsp Cumin Powder
- Chilli Powder to taste
- 2 cups Mint Leaves finely chopped
- 1 cup Coriander Leaves finely chopped
- 1 cup Curd
- 1 tbsp Ghee
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- Salt to taste
- Wash vegetables under running water, drain the water and chop them to bite size pieces. Set aside.
- Soak rice in water and set aside for 15-20 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan or kadhai and add cumin seeds to it.
- When the seeds start spluttering add cloves, black cardamom, bay leaf, mace, green cardamom, peppercorn, fennel seeds, cinnamon sticks, cumin seeds and stone flower.
- Immediately add the sliced onion, turmeric powder, and salt. Saute them until caramelize.
- Add potato, carrot, green beans, green chilies and saute for 2 - 3 minutes.
- Now add coriander powder, cumin powder, chili powder and garam masala powder and mix well. Fry until the raw smell of masala goes off and the oil separates.
- Add curd and give it a nice mix.
- Add the soaked rice to it and fry everything together for another 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add water, you can taste water after adding it to biryani mixture and if needed add more salt and chili powder as per your taste.
- Then add mint leaves and coriander leaves and mix well.
- And at last, add 1 tbsp of ghee and give it a nice mix.
- Simmer the biryani mixture on low heat until all the water has evaporated. Switch off the gas.
- Mix the biryani once in such a way that the top layer goes to the bottom of the kadhai or pan.
- And cover the biryani for about half an hour so that the half cooked rice also gets cooked well.
- After half an hour, remove the cover and give the biryani a nice mix.
- So the instant one pot biryani is ready to serve.
- Serve hot along with raita, papad or pickle of your choice.
A lot of time, effort and passion goes into each post. My greatest satisfaction comes from your feedback.
If you really liked this post and found helpful to you, please take a minute of your time to leave a comment and share it so that others have access to it as well. Thank you all for your support.