Seviyan kheer or vermicelli kheer is good recipe to make at any festival specially if it is Diwali/Deepavali. It can also be served as a sweet accompaniment in lunch or dinner. Most of the time people uses condensed milk to make this kind of dishes thick, but i prefer using extra quantity of milk and fresh milk cream to make a thick sevaiyan kheer, rice kheer and phirni.
- Vermicelli – 100 gm
- Ghee – 1 tablespoon
- Milk – 2 litre
- Cashew Nuts – 20 gm (cut each cashew in 8 pieces)
- Raisins – 25
- Small Cardamom – 4 to 5
- Sugar – 75 gm
- Almonds – 4 (cut them length wise into thin pieces)
- Take a pan and heat some ghee in a low flame.
- Add vermicelli in the ghee and fry till golden brown.
- Now turn off the burner and take out the vermicelli on a plate and keep it aside.
- In a thick-bottomed frying pan,pour milk and let it boil.
- Simmer in a slow flame till it reduced to 3/4 the of its original quantity.
- After the milk has reduced to 3/4th of its original quantity, add vermicelli in it .
- When vermicelli is almost cooked add sugar to it.
- Now add cardamom granules in it and stir well and turn off the burner.
- Take out the vermicelli kheer in a bowl and garnish it with sliced almonds, cashew and raisins.
- You can eat either hot or cold.
Note :- I prefer adding rosted dryfruits in it ,for that take a pan heat some ghee and fry the dryfruits ensuring that it doesn’t burn.
If you really liked this recipe, I would appreciate, if you pin it or share it with your Facebook fans or Twitter followers or Google+ circles today. All it takes is a simple click on the “pin it” “like,” “share,” “tweet,” or Google+ buttons below the post. It will help me post more such interesting recipes. Thank you.