Talk about “Til ke ladoo” and the first thing that comes to your mind is “Makar Sankranti”. It is January and Winters are normally packing their bags to retreat. But the weather usually is nice with the slightly cool northern wind blowing. There are a lot of other festivals during this same time, with Lohri being another prominent one.
The smell in the air during this time of the year itself reminds you of all the “Ghazaks”, “Til ke ladoos” and “Til Kathris”. As we enter December, I thought why not start preparing for the fantastic time of the year.
Til is also extremely good in diabetes management, controlling blood pressure, cancer prevention, bone health and a multitude of other things.
So, for a healthy you, let’s get onto the recipe of “Til Aur Gur Ke Ladoo Recipe” ….
Til Aur Gur Ke Ladoo Recipe – Sesame Balls
- White Sesame seeds till – 1 cup
- Jaggery gur – 1 1/2 cups
- Water- 1 tbsp
- Clean sesame seeds, wash and then dry it .
- Dry roast the sesame seeds in a pan on medium flame until brown.
- Let it cool down.
- Now heat the pan/kadhai, add jaggery and some water and bring it to boil.
- Make a thick syrup.
- Turn off the flame .
- Add melted jaggery syrup to the roasted sesame seeds and mix well.
- Divide this mixture into equal portions and shape into lemon-sized ladoos.
- Start making ladus immediately while the mixture is still hot, once it cools down you may not be able to shape it properly.
- So your Til ke Laddoo is ready.
- Store it in air-tight container.
The consistency of jaggery is right if the ball forms immediately.
A lot of time, effort and passion goes into each post. My greatest satisfaction comes from your feedback. If you really liked this post and found helpful to you, please take a minute of your time to leave a comment and share it so that others have access to it as well. Thank you all for your support. 🙂