Bihari aloo ki bhujia is an easy and simple side dish from Bihar. It does not take much time to prepare and goes very well along with puri, kachori, paratha, roti. Aloo ki bhujia can also be served as a side dish along with plain rice and dal. It is advisable to serve this recipe when it is hot and crispy as it tastes great.
And most importantly this recipe is good for those who are bachelors and for those who does not have much time and want to prepare some side dish which can be an instant recipe.
This is recipe that I prefer the most to carry along when I am train travelling. I normally don’t prefer the catering service from the railways. Since aloo ka bhujia doesn’t loose it’s flavor and taste even if it stored outside in room temperature, it tastes well with puri or roti.
- Potato - 4-5
- Dry red chili - 1 broken
- Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
- Mustard Oil- 2 tbsp
- Salt - as per the tastes
- Peel, wash and cut the potato lengthwise. (similar to the finger chips)
- Heat oil in a pan/wok, add cumin seeds and let it splutter.
- Once it starts spluttering add the broken red chili and saute until brown.
- Now add potato, turmeric and salt. Mix well.
- Cover and cook on a slow flame until the potatoes are half cooked, stirring in between.
- Remove the cover and fry potatoes until it gets cooked well and also it becomes a little crispy.
- Now turn off the flame.
- Serve hot along with puri, kachori, roti, paratha or plain rice and dal.
A lot of time, effort and passion goes into each post. My greatest satisfaction comes from your feedback. If you really liked this post and found helpful to you, please take a minute of your time to leave a comment and share it so that others have access to it as well. Thank you all for your support.