Today afternoon, while working there was just one thing that kept bothering me. It was the leftover boiled chana in the fridge, which I had no clue what to do with. That’s when I got this idea of making an instant and innovative recipe called chana chaat and I rushed to the kitchen, took the chana and….. baaammmm, the recipe was ready in less than 10 minutes.
And the best part, my family was wondering as to when I made it. Not to forget that they just loved it and kept asking for more.
- Boiled white chick peas – 2 cups
- Onion – 1 finely chopped
- Tomato – 2 finely chopped
- Coriander leaves – 3 tbsp
- Green chilli – 2 finely chopped
- Chilli powder – a pinch (optional)
- Chaat masala – 1/2 tsp or (as per the taste)
- Sev – 3 tbsp
- Plain Cornflakes – as per needed
- Pomegranate Seeds – 3 tbsp
- Salt as per taste
- Lemon juice as per taste
- Take a bowl add boiled chick peas, chopped onions, chopped tomatoes, chopped green chilly, red chilly powder, chat masala powder, chopped coriander, lime juice, salt, sweet tamarind chutney, pomegranate seeds and cumin powder.
- Mix everything properly .
- Garnish with sev and cornflakes.
- Serve instantly with hot tea and coffee.
Add some salt to the water in which you would boil the chana.