The recipe for Aloo Chaat is for anyone who loves Indian street food. It’s easy to make, packed with flavor, and sure to be a hit with family and friends.
This Aloo Chaat recipe is a tangy, soury, and spicy Street food recipe that is sure to tickle your taste buds with its taste. (Step-by-step video)
About Aloo Chaat Recipe
When it comes to chaat, Delhi is the first city that comes to my mind. Delhi is a foodie’s paradise. You will find a huge variety of food in Delhi.
Delhi is one such place where you will also find chaat items in every street and every corner.
Though I am not claiming that the chaat items are made only in Delhi, of course, I can say that you would find more variety of chaat items in Delhi than in any other city. It could be just my experience until now. What do you all think????
By the way, do you guys love chaat? It could be any kind of chaat that has a slight tangy sour and spicy taste. “Chatpata Chaat” let me keep it simple right?
Well if you are chaat lovers and if you are fond of potatoes then I am sure you would love the recipe which I am sharing today with you all. It is called “Chatpata Aloo Chaat recipe”.
Aloo Chaat is a popular North Indian street food that is loved by everyone for its tangy, spicy, and savory flavors.
This dish is made from boiled potatoes and is seasoned with a blend of aromatic spices and tangy chutneys, making it an irresistible snack that can be enjoyed at any time of the day.
The key to making great Aloo Chaat is in the balance of flavors and textures. And the result is a burst of flavors in every bite.
This versatile dish can be served as a snack or appetizer and can be customized to suit individual tastes.
You can adjust the spice level by increasing or decreasing the amount of chili powder used or adding other toppings like pomegranate seeds, sev, or boiled chickpeas to the Aloo Chaat.
Why You Should Make this Recipe?
Aloo Chaat is a delicious and versatile snack that can be easily made at home with basic ingredients.
It’s perfect for parties or as a quick and easy snack. So why not give this recipe a try and enjoy the delicious flavors of Indian street food right in your own home?
- Quick and easy to prepare: Aloo Chaat can be made in no time and requires very few ingredients. It’s perfect for when you’re craving something delicious but don’t have much time to cook.
- Perfect for parties: Aloo Chaat is a great dish to serve at parties, gatherings, and potlucks. It’s a crowd-pleaser and can be easily made in larger quantities.
- Versatile: Aloo Chaat can be customized to your taste by adding or omitting certain ingredients. You can make it as spicy, tangy, or sweet as you like.
Looking for Some more Street Chaat Recipes:
Basic Ingredients used to Make this Quick Aloo Chaat Recipe:
To make alu chaat or potato chaat you would be needing a few very basic ingredients, easily available in your kitchen like,
- Potatoes: Boiled and cubed potatoes are the star ingredient of this dish.
- Spices: The spices used in this recipe include chaat masala, cumin powder, red chili powder, black pepper, amchur powder, and salt (Chaat masala can be substituted with a blend of cumin powder, coriander powder, and amchur (dried mango powder).
- Chutneys: The two chutneys used in Aloo Chaat are green chutney and tamarind chutney. Green chutney can be substituted with store-bought mint chutney or cilantro chutney. Tamarind chutney can be substituted with store-bought tamarind chutney.
- But nothing tastes better than homemade. You can check out my Green chutney, and tamarind chutney, in case you are planning to make chutneys at home.
- Other ingredients: Other ingredients used in Aloo Chaat Recipe include lemon juice and black salt.
- Oil: Oil to deep fry potatoes.
If you prefer watching a quick video on how to make this recipe, then this video is for you!
This is an old video but it still stays the same. After all, some recipes don’t change over time, isn’t it?
- Potatoes – 4 medium boiled
- Oil – to deep fry
- Tamarind chutney – 5 tsp
- Green chutney – 5 tsp
- Jeera powder cumin powder – 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
- Aamchoor powder – 1/2 tsp
- Chaat masala powder – 1/2 tsp
- Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Lemon juice – 2 tsp
- Black salt – to taste
- Salt – to taste
- Peel the boiled potatoes and cut them into medium sized pieces. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add potato pieces in oil to deep fry.
- Fry until they become crisp and brown in color.
- Take out in a plate, soak extra oil with absorbent paper.
- Now in a mixing bowl add all the spices, lemon juice, tamarind chutney, green chutney. Mix well.
- Add black salt and salt as per your taste and mix.
- Now add the deep fried potatoes to the mixture and mix everything well.(You can add spices or chutney as per your taste)
- Serve immediately when it is hot.
Frequently Asked Questions about the Recipe for Aloo Chaat:
How is Aloo Chaat served?
Aloo Chaat is usually served as a snack or appetizer. It can be served on a plate or in a bowl and is often topped with crunchy sev and lemon juice.
Is Aloo Chaat vegan?
Yes, Aloo Chaat can be made vegan by using vegan-friendly ingredients for the chutneys and toppings.
Can Aloo Chaat be made ahead of time?
Aloo Chaat is best served fresh, but you can prepare the ingredients ahead of time and assemble the dish just before serving.
My Recommended Product:
If you are looking for a healthier alternative to make this chaat then I guess this product will help you to maintain your healthy lifestyle. Hereunder, I have listed a product, you might want to check. You can even check out my PAGE on Amazon, where you will find my favorite kitchen tools, Appliances, Accessories, and more HERE.
Disclosure: Bear in mind that some of the links in this post are affiliate links and if you go through them to make a purchase I will earn a small commission. Keep in mind that I link these companies and their products because of their quality and not because of the commission I receive from your purchases. I am an independent blogger and the reviews are done based on my own opinions. The decision is yours, and whether or not you decide to buy something is completely up to you.
You Might Also Want to Check Out:
Aloo Samosa – How to Make Samosa Recipe
Pani Puri Recipe
Pav Bhaji Recipe
Note: This blog post of Aloo Chaat Recipe has been updated and republished on 29th March 2023.
A lot of time, effort, and passion goes into each post. My greatest satisfaction comes from your feedback. If you really liked this post and found helpful to you, please take a minute of your time to leave a comment and share it so that others have access to it as well. Thank you all for your support.