My hubby and my daughter both are fond of chocolates, they love anything which has chocolate. Last night after dinner they were searching for chocolates they had kept in the fridge some time back, but they could not find one. No prizes for guessing.. It was me who finished that. I felt very bad when I saw them searching.
It was sheer coincidence that the same day my Mom was planning to make laddoos for some of our guests who were supposed to come the very next day. That triggered an idea and I decided to give that laddoo a twist.
Normally the way mom makes the coconut laddoo is totally different, the recipe for which I will be sharing soon. The coconut Laddoo my mom makes has 3-4 extra steps and it takes a little more preparation time.
But I was short of time and I had to make something for my husband and my little girl. So I decided to shorten the process and make this recipe slightly simpler.
But the second challenge I had was that the cocoa powder I had was unsweetened, I knew that If I coat the laddoos with unsweetened cocoa powder then my daughter would not like it, hence I added a little sugar syrup to the cocoa powder paste to give it a slightly sweet taste.
And thus came about Chocolate Coconut laddoos. It turned out to be a good experiment. At least, I think so. My family loved it very much and now it’s time for you to tell me your opinion about the recipe.
All right so let’s jump straight into the recipe, hope you all like the chocolate coconut laddoo!!!
- Coconut - 1 cup + some extra to garnish
- Sugar syrup - As per required
- Cocoa powder sweetened - 1/3 cup
- Add grated coconut in a bowl.(You can dry it in a wok if you want to use dried coconut)
- Make a slightly thick sugar syrup and add as per needed.
- Mix the coconut and sugar syrup well.
- Let the mixture cool down a bit after adding the hot syrup to it.
- Now take a spoon of mixture in you palm and make a ball out of it.
- Keep the coconut balls on a tray and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- In the meanwhile make a thick paste of cocoa-powder by adding little water to it.
- Take out the coconut laddoos from the refrigerator.
- Drop each ball carefully into the cocoa paste and coat it well.
- Place a sheet of butter paper on a tray and place the chocolate coated balls on the butter paper.
- Sprinkle grated coconut onto the laddoos.
- Put it into the freezer again for another 2 hours.
- Now the chocolate coconut laddoo is ready to serve.
MY PICKS FOR THIS RECIPE
A lot of time, effort and passion goes into each post. My greatest satisfaction comes from your feedback. If you really liked this post and found helpful to you, please take a minute of your time to leave a comment and share it so that others have access to it as well. Thank you all for your support. ????