About Chocolate Coconut Laddoo
Chocolate coconut laddo is a simple recipe to make any time when you are craving some sweets, Thia recipe is a combination of coconut and sugar and then coated with chocolate sauce and white chocolate.
My hubby and my daughter both are fond of chocolates, they love anything which has chocolate. Last night after dinner they were searching for chocolates they had kept in the fridge some time back, but they could not find one. No prizes for guessing. It was me who finished that. I felt very bad when I saw them searching.
It was a sheer coincidence that the same day my Mom made some coconut laddoos for some of our guests who were supposed to come the very next day. That triggered an idea and I decided to give that laddoo a twist. So I took out some of the laddoos from Dabba and I gave a nice twist to that simple laddu.
A twist you will be seeing in this post!!!
One big challenge was to make the chocolate sauce because I had some unsweetened cocoa powder. So I just made chocolate ganache and wohoooo, I was ready to make chocolate laddoos It turned out to be a good experiment. My family loved it very much and now it’s time for you to tell me your opinion about the recipe.
All right so let’s jump straight into the recipe, hope you all like the chocolate coconut laddoo!!!
Why you should make this recipe?
- Coconut – 1 cup + some extra to garnish
- Sugar syrup – As per required
- Cocoa powder sweetened – 1/3 cup
- Add grated coconut in a bowl.(You can dry it in a wok if you want to use dried coconut)
- Make a slightly thick sugar syrup and add as per needed.
- Mix the coconut and sugar syrup well.
- Let the mixture cool down a bit after adding the hot syrup to it.
- Now take a spoon of mixture in you palm and make a ball out of it.
- Keep the coconut balls on a tray and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- In the meanwhile make a thick paste of cocoa-powder by adding little water to it.
- Take out the coconut laddoos from the refrigerator.
- Drop each ball carefully into the cocoa paste and coat it well.
- Place a sheet of butter paper on a tray and place the chocolate coated balls on the butter paper.
- Sprinkle grated coconut onto the laddoos.
- Put it into the freezer again for another 2 hours.
- Now the chocolate coconut laddoo is ready to serve.
MY PICKS FOR THIS RECIPE
A lot of time, effort and passion goes into each post. My greatest satisfaction comes from your feedback. If you really liked this post and found helpful to you, please take a minute of your time to leave a comment and share it so that others have access to it as well. Thank you all for your support. ????