Red Chilli Garlic Chutney is a spicy and colorful chutney made with Kashmiri Red Chilli and Garlic. This chutney can be added to any Indian Chaat Recipe to enhance the flavor and can also be used for appetizers too. (Step-by-Step-Recipe)
About Red Chilli Garlic Chutney:
Red chili garlic chutney is a combination of red chili and garlic. This recipe is very simple and can be made easily at home without any fuss. This recipe does not involve any cooking process.
SO ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS ASSEMBLE EVERYTHING TOGETHER AND YOU ARE DONE!!!
It is also known as red chutney or lehsun ki chutney in Hindi.
This chutney can be refrigerated and can be used for two weeks easily. You can make this chutney over the weekend as part of your meal prep. You can even make a big batch and freeze it. So whenever you have a craving for chaat, just thaw the frozen chutney in the refrigerator or room temperature and then use it.
You can use this chutney for snacks or any Indian chaat recipe. You can even use this chutney as a spread for sandwiches, dosas, parathas, rolls, etc.
Why You Should Make this Recipe?
I guess you are here because you are planning to make a chaat, right? Then no worries I have got you covered. With this blog post today, you will learn how to make red chili garlic chutney, easily at home.
- fireless cooking
- require basic ingredients
- a good way to include garlic in your diet
- great for any Indian chaat, sandwiches, paratha, and much more
- can also be used as a dip for momos and pakoda’s
- Make sure you Wear gloves if you are not used to handling chillis. This is just to prevent the burning sensation. And once you are done with the chili work, wash your hands properly with soap.
- Always prefer using dry Kashmiri red chillis or milder chilies to make this recipe to get the nice beautiful red color without making it too spicy.
- The consistency of this chutney should neither be too thick nor too runny.
- You can use vinegar instead of lemon juice for longer shelf life.
- If you like a hint of sweetness, add half a teaspoon of sugar, or you can skip it.
Looking for some more easy-to-make chutney recipes?
Basic Ingredients Used to Make this Recipe:
- Kashmiri Red Chilli: Always choose red chilies that are low in heat, like you can go for Kashmiri or byadgi. And also if you don’t want to add seeds then simply break the chili into two parts and remove the seeds as much as possible then soak them in the water.
- Garlic: Another key ingredient for this recipe, avoid using sprouted garlic for this recipe.
- Ginger: The addition of ginger brings a nice taste to this recipe.
- Lemon Juice: Lemon juice is another important ingredient in this recipe. It helps to reduce the pungent and raw flavor of garlic. You can also substitute it with white vinegar.
- Sugar: If you like a hint of sweetness, add sugar or jaggery. But you can skip it if you don’t want.
- Others: Apart from the above you would also be needing chaat masala powder, cumin powder, salt, and water.
Red Chilli Garlic Chutney for Chaat
- 15 Kashmiri Red c hili dried, seedless
- 2 cup Water hot
- 10 Garlic clove
- 1 Ginger inch
- 1 tsp Chaat Masala Powder
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Powder
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Water
- Soak dried red chili in 2 cups of hot water for about 15 minutes.
- Drain off the water and transfer to the blender.
- Now add garlic, ginger, cumin powder, chaat masala powder, sugar, salt, lemon juice, and 1/2 cup of water.
- Blend everything into a smooth paste.
- So the red garlic chutney is ready.
- This can be stored for a week in the refrigerator.
Frequently Asked Questions about Red Chilli Garlic Chutney:
Is this Red Chilli Garlic Chutney Vegan?
Yes, this garlic chutney is vegan
Is this Red Chilli Garlic Chutney Gluten-free?
Yes, this chili garlic chutney is gluten-free.
My Recommended Product:
To make tamarind chutney, you definitely need a good Mixer grinder. Hereunder, I have listed a product that I am using now. So in case you are looking for a Mixer grinder, you might want to check this out. You can even check out my PAGE on Amazon, where you will find my favorite kitchen tools, Appliances, Accessories, and more HERE.
Disclosure: Bear in mind that some of the links in this post are affiliate links and if you go through them to make a purchase I will earn a small commission. Keep in mind that I link these companies and their products because of their quality and not because of the commission I receive from your purchases. I am an independent blogger and the reviews are done based on my own opinions. The decision is yours, and whether or not you decide to buy something is completely up to you.
You Might Also Want to Try:
Check out some of the interesting chaat recipes you might want to try, while you are making this chutney.
Aloo Chaat RecipeCheck out this recipe
White Matar Chaat Recipe
Aloo Samosa – How to Make Samosa Recipe
A lot of time, effort, and passion goes into each post. My greatest satisfaction comes from your feedback. If you really liked this post and found it helpful to you, please take a minute of your time to leave a comment and share it so that others have access to it as well. Thank you all for your support.