Tamarind chutney is a very popular for its natural sour taste and this can be served with almost all kind of fried snacks and chaats. Not only this its very easy and simple to make.
- Tamarind, seeded – 1/2 lb
- Sugar – 2 1/2 cups
- Boiling water – 2 1/2 cups
- Roasted ground cumin seeds – 1 1/2 tbsp
- Salt – 1 tbsp
- Black salt – 1 tsp
- Red chili powder – 1 tsp
- Ground black pepper – 1 tsp
- Ginger powder – 1/2 tsp
- Soak tamarind in warm water for about 20 minutes.
- Mash it into a pulp and strain pressing the tamarind into the strainer.
- Now add sugar to the pulp and mix well.
- And add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- You can refrigerate this chutney for two to three months.
- Tamarind chutney is delicious with samosas, pakoras, french fries , dahi vadas, bhel poori, or any kind of chaat.