Vegetarian Crunchwrap Supreme is a hexagon-shaped flour tortilla stuffed with crunchy Dorito chips, seasoned refried beans, nachos cheese sauce, fresh lettuce, onion, tomatoes, jalapeno, sour cream, and cheese, and finally, the whole thing being grilled.
As the name suggests this crunch wrap supreme is a crunchy cheesy and delicious recipe. The best part of this recipe is that it is highly customizable, so you can customize it as per your own choice.
This recipe derives its inspiration from the Crunch Wraps served at Taco Bell.
It was only once that I had Crunchwrap Supreme at Taco Bell. We were three, me, Dilip, and my daughter. So we had ordered some of the best on the menu of Taco bell and then shared everything amongst the three of us. That way we were able to taste everything.
And since then we never had a chance to go there. Thanks to “corona”.
I was litrelly craving for those recipes we had for the first time at Taco Bell. So I decided to make it at home by customizing it a bit and trust me it came out really well, just in one go. So you see, there is no learning curve in making this recipe.
Making every meal from scratch is not possible, I know. So here I have used a mix of items – some store bought and some homemade ingedients, for an easy weekend meal for you and your family. This recipe is really easy and fun to make. My daughter simply loved it.
These Crunchwraps stuffed with spiced kidney beans are a healthy option for kid’s lunch boxes too. And to make it more healthy you can use wheat flour Tortillas.
Basic Ingredients for Crunchwrap Supreme Recipe
Tortilla: Something you can make at home easily, but when it comes to Laziness no matter how easy things are, you don’t really want to give it a try. So you can use a store-bought tortilla, in case you are feeling like I was feeling. After all, we should try making recipes in all different ways. Isn’t it?
Small Tortilla: To make 8 Crunchwrap supreme, you will need a smaller tortilla of 4″ to 5″. You can cut these out from the large tortilla with the help of a bowl.
Last time when I prepared Burrito, I made Tortilla from scratch. You might want to check it out here…
Tostadas: These are crispy tortillas like tortilla chips. Tostadas are easily available in grocery stores. But I have used Doritos Chips to give crunchiness and flavor to this recipe.
Rajma Filling: Here you can use any beans of your choice to make this filling. You can buy canned beans or you can make it at home. It’s really easy to make.
Nachos Cheese Dip: Here I have used store-bought Nachos Cheese Dip. If you want you can use any cheese sauce of your choice.
Sour Cream: This is something, I preferred making at home. Because it’s super simple to make and you just need 4 ingredients to make sour cream.
Toppings: Anything of your choice, here I have used tomato, onion, lettuce, coriander leaves, and my favorite pickled Jalapenos.
Cheese: Another key ingredient for this recipe, because it helps to keep the folds stick to each other. I have used Mozeralla Cheese here.
So, dear readers, don’t you think this recipe is super simple to make. All you have to do is prepare rajma filling and make some sour cream. Rest is assembling everything, and at last grilling for a few minutes. That’s it, your super simple crunch wrap supreme is ready to be served.
Hey, there is one secret I want to tell you, crunchwrap has a tendency of getting soggy, easily, incase you are not having it immideatly after making it. So what I do is I push in some more chips after cutting it into half.
Things To be taken care of while making Crunchwrap Supreme
It’s better to use large 10″ tortilla for the wrap. But if you don’t get , then you can use 8″ inch.
It’s best to warm the tortilla for about 10 seconds on each side. This helps to prevent cracking while folding.
Grill the folded side first. Not only does it help with flipping it over, but it also helps seal the folded section, so it doesn’t come apart.
Instead of using two different size tortilla’s you can also cut circles out of the bigger tortilla and use them to seal.
You can use whole wheat tortilla, if you want.
Cheese is optional but helps the wrap to stick well.
Cook on low to medium heat on both sides, cooking on high heat won’t warm up the filling inside the wrap nor melt the cheese.
Vegetarian Crunchwrap Supreme Recipe
For Refried Beans
- 2 cup Red Kidney Beans cooked
- 1 Tomato roughly chopped
- 1 – Onion roughly chopped
- 1 tsp Cumin Powder
- Chilli Powder to taste
- 1/4 cup Coriander Leaves roughly chopped
- 2 Green Chilli
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1/2 tsp Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Garlic crushed
- 1 tbsp Oil
For Sour Cream Recipe
- 1 cup Fresh Cream
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1/4 cup Thick Yogurt
- Salt to taste
For Vegetarian Crunchwrap
- 8 Tortilla Large burrito size, 8 inch or l0 inch.
- 4 Tortilla 4-5 inch or smaller (you can cut these out of a larger tortilla using a bowl)
- Doritos Chips as needed
- Rajma filling
- 1 cup Nachos Cheese Dip
- Sour Cream as needed
- 1 Tomato finely chopped
- 1 Onion finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Coriander Leaves chopped
- 2 cups Lettuce shredded
- 2 cups Cheese shredded
- Pickled Jalapenos as needed
How to make Refried Beans
- In a blender add tomato, onion, chili powder, cumin powder, coriander leaves, green chili, sugar, and salt.
- Now blend everything together and set it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add the crushed garlic, saute for a couple of seconds.
- Now add cooked rajma and the blended mixture to it. Mix everything well.
- Using the back of your spoon mash the rajma well so that you get a creamy and thick texture of rajma filling.
- Cook on a medium flame, until all liquid has dried out.
How to make Sour Cream
- In a bowl add, cream, thick curd, lemon juice, and salt.
- Beat everything, until thick and set aside.
How to Assemble Crunchwrap
- Take one large tortilla and keep it on a flat surface.
- In the center of your tortilla, spread 1 portion of rajma filling about the size of the small tortilla.
- Layer the nachos cheese dip on top of the rajma followed by some cheese.
- Next, put some Doritos chips and a layer of the sour cream.
- Now add the toppings like lettuce, tomatoes, onions, pickled jalapenos, coriander leaves, and finally add cheese.
- Place the smaller tortilla on the cheese and now it’s time to fold/close the wrap.
How to fold the Crunchwrap
- Fold the bigger tortilla over the small as shown in the picture. Keep folding and overlapping some of the tortillas over the previous fold.
- Keep folding until it forms a hexagon shape (about 6-7 folds). Press gently so they hold shape and immediately transfer it for cooking.
How to Cook Crunchwrap
- Heat oil or butter in a pan.
- Carefully transfer the crunchwrap seam side down on the hot pan/griddle. Cook for 1-2 mins until golden brown and bottom is crispy and edges are sealed. Now flip and cook the other side in the same way.
- Make the rest of the crunchwrap in a similar way.
- Serve them hot and crispy with your favorite dipping sauce like sour cream or nachos dip, or you can have it on its own.
- Non-stick induction grill pan (28cm) with raised ridges along the bottom, helps keep food up and away from excess fat
- Made of cast-aluminium for fast, efficient heating, titanium-plasma and Dakin non-stick coating for effortless food release
- Stay-cool Bakelite riveted handle for comfortable lifting and carrying, hole offers convenient hanging-storage option
- Suitable for all heat sources, including induction, oven-safe up to 175 degree celsius
- Dishwasher-safe for quick clean-up
You Might Also Want to Try:
Spicy Paneer Burrito
Mushroom and Spinach Quesadilla Recipe
Salsa Recipe for Nachos
A lot of time, effort, and passion goes into each post. My greatest satisfaction comes from your feedback. If you really liked this post and found helpful to you, please take a minute of your time to leave a comment and share it so that others have access to it as well. Thank you all for your support.