Spicy Paneer Burrito Recipe is a wrap filled with flavored Indian Cottage cheese, rice mix, homemade sour cream, and salsa. These burritos stuffed with paneer can also be packed for kid’s lunch boxes.
My home is full of people with a wide variety of tastes and choices. While some like spice, some likes sourness, and tanginess in their food.
And then there are the ones who like sweetness in their food.
To keep up with all of their choices is a difficult thing, but then that’s what cooking is all about. Isn’t it?
So, a few weeks back I had made a Burrito recipe if you remember.
That one had a slightly sweet taste to it and there came a request from the other group who favored the sour, spicy, and tangy flavors.
I couldn’t have dismissed their request. And to honor that I decided that I will make a slightly spicy version of the Burrito recipe.
This Spicy Paneer Burrito Recipe is a combination of paneer infused with spicy tangy seasoning, drizzled with creamy mint flavored sour cream and some fresh salsa and then all of it wrapped into a soft Tortilla and finally grilled.
This creative Indo Mexican Fusion recipe is a perfect blend of spiciness, tanginess, and creaminess.
The last time when I prepared Vegetarian Burrito, it had a slightly sweeter taste in it, because of the addition of sauce to the refried beans. So this time I thought of experimenting with something different. Hence I made this spicy version of the Burrito.
And guess what, it was a big hit. It was loved by all in the family, including my daughter. Now she keeps demanding for Burrito, what more can I ask for?
Since it has all the goodness in it, I get the satisfaction, when she has it. And as I said to make this recipe more healthy you can always go for wheat flour tortilla.
So my lovely readers, do give this recipe a try and tell us how it turned out for you. 🙂
Paneer Burrito is a perfect recipe for a lazy evening or, weekend brunch. In fact, when you have guests coming to your house you can plan and prepare a batch of burritos. It’s a complete meal on its own since it has everything to keep your tummy full.
These burritos stuffed with paneer are a healthy option for kid’s tiffin boxes. And to make it more healthy you can use wheat flour to make Tortillas.
Basic Ingredients of Spicy Paneer Burrito Recipe
Tortilla – You can use store-bought Tortilla to keep this recipe simple and as a time saver. But I am making this recipe from scratch and hence am making tortillas too, with just a few ingredients.
Paneer Stuffing – This is where the spices come in. To make the paneer stuffing more flavourful, I have added some Indian spices to make it a little spicy.
Sour Cream – I prepared sour cream using thick curd and gave a little twist by adding mint-flavored Mayonnaise to it. So simple isn’t it?
Rice Mix – The next most important part is the rice mix, which is a simple mixture of cooked rice, coriander leaves, lemon juice, and salt.
Salsa – This is something I prepared using some fresh ingredients which give this recipe a complete fresh flavor.
And at last, an addition of cheese gives this a finishing touch.
The best part of this recipe is that it is highly customizable. You can use any kind of filling of your choice. And to keep this recipe a little simpler you can use some store-bought ingredients, like a tortilla, sour cream, salsa, etc.
Spicy Paneer Burrito
- 2 cup All-Purpose flour
- Salt as per needed
- 1 tbsp Oil
- Curd as needed (to knead the dough)
For Rice Mix
- 1 cup Rice Cooked
- 1/2 tbsp Lemon Juice or to taste
- 2 tbsp Coriander Leaves chopped
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup Capsicum cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup Onion cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup Tomato cut into cubes
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tbsp Coriander Powder
- 1/2 tsp Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Chilli Powder or to taste
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tbsp Garlic crushed
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 250 gm Paneer cubes
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 1/4 cup Curd
- 1 tbsp Fenugreek Leaves
- Salt to taste
For Sour cream
- 6 tbsp Thick Curd
- 2 tbsp Mayonnaise mint flavoured
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 Onion medium ( finely chopped )
- 1 Tomato finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Cucumber chopped
- 2 Green Chilli finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp Lemon Juice
- Mayonnaise mint flavour – as needed
- Cheese as needed
- Oregano as needed
How to Mix Dough
- Add all-purpose flour, oil, and salt in a bowl. Mix well.
- Now add curd as needed and form a smooth and soft dough.
- Now cover the dough with a wet cloth and let it rest for 1/2 an hour.
How to Make Rice Mix
- In a bowl, add cooked rice, coriander leaves, lemon juice, salt and mix everything well. Set aside.
How to Make Chilli Paneer Stuffing
- Heat butter in a pan, add cumin seeds, and let it splutter.
- Once the seeds start spluttering add crushed garlic to it. Saute for a few seconds.
- Now add onion, capsicum, and tomato to it and stir.
- Add turmeric powder and salt to it.
- Cook until the raw smell of turmeric goes off.
- Add coriander powder, Kashmiri red chilli powder, chilli powder and garam masala powder. Mix well.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes, then add paneer cubes to it. Give it a nice mix.
- Now add curd and Kasturi methi leaves and mix.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes and switch off the flame. Set aside.
How to Make Sour Cream
- In a bowl add thick curd, mayonnaise, lemon juice and salt. Mix everything well. Set aside.
How to Make Salsa
- Take another bowl, add onion, tomato, green chilli, lemon juice and salt.
- Mix everything well. Keep it aside.
How to Make Tortilla
- Divide the dough into 8 equal sizes.
- Now take one part and roll it.
- Heat a flat pan and cook the base from both the sides. (use flat tawa to cook, but if you don’t have you can use normal Tawa also).
- Follow the same process to make the rest of the tortilla.
How to Assemble
- Place the tortillas on a plate and spread the rice mixture on the lower part of the roti.
- Now add some chilli paneer on the same spot then some sour cream and some salsa.
- Now add some grated cheese on to it.
- Sprinkle some Oregano Seasoning on to it.
- It’s time to roll our burritos.
- To roll the burrito, first, fold the two sides inwards covering the filling.
- Then start rolling from the bottom towards the top, tightly pressing the fillings inward so that the wrap completely encloses the filling from all sides.
- Continue with remaining burritos.
- Now heat a grill pan or normal tawa.
- Keep one burrito wrap on to it.
- Rub little butter on all sides of the burrito.
- Cook from both sides until the burrito is golden brown.
- Cut the burritos in half and serve.
- You can serve these burritos roll along with mayonnaise, sauce, or sour cream and nachos.
A lot of time, effort, and passion goes into each post. My greatest satisfaction comes from your feedback. If you really liked this post and found helpful to you, please take a minute of your time to leave a comment and share it so that others have access to it as well. Thank you all for your support.