Bel ka Sharbat is one of the most favored healthy energy drinks during summers in India. Bael ka Sharbat is the best beverage during the scorching heat of the summers, especially in Northern India.
About Bel ka Sharbat Recipe:
Bel ka sharbat is a homemade energy drink, acts as a coolant and is excellent for the stomach. It not only keeps your body hydrated but also protects you from heat-strokes.
The bel fruit is also called as Wood apple, elephant apple, monkey fruit, etc. Funny names, I know. Why it is called so? The answer is simple. Bel fruit had a very hard and thick outer shell that feels like wood and hence the name “Wood apple”.
Since elephants like it very much, it is called an “elephant apple”, as well. You can read more about Wood Apple here.
Whenever I used to visit Bhagalpur (My hometown, a city in the state of Bihar), one thing that I used to have the most was bael ka sharbat.
We used to visit there during peak summers (around end of May). The summers were very intense in Bhagalpur. In fact, the sun used to be so hot that going out in the sun in the afternoon was a tough thing to do. A lot of people suffered from heat strokes and digestion-related problems.
Bael ka Sharbat was a solutions to most of these problems.
Why you should Make this Recipe?
As per health experts, wood apple helps relieving constipation, indigestion, dysentery, control diabetes, boost the immune system, and is good for the liver. There are some more additional health benefits, which is why I prefer and love making this amazing recipe. They are –
- Is great as an after workout drink
- Easy summer drink
- Helps to keep the body cool
- Bael juice with jaggery fights against fatigue and loss of energy.
- and many more…
You can Read More about Wood Apple/ Bael Fruit here.
Looking for some more Summer Drink Recipes?
Here are some more healthy and refreshing summer drinks, you might want to try this summer. These are very simple and mouth watering Indian Beverages, you would love for sure!!!
Namkeen Chana Sattu Sharbat Recipe – How to Make Sattu ke Sharbat
Creamy Punjabi Sweet Lassi – Indian Yogurt Drink
Minty Watermelon Lemonade Recipe
Muskmelon Lassi – Cantaloupe Yogurt Smoothie
Basic Ingredients used to make Bel ka Sharbat:
Wood Apple: Wood apple is of course the key ingredient in this recipe.
Sugar: Since the fruit is naturally sweet, it does not require additional use of sugar or jaggery. But then I have used “sugar” in this recipe because my family demanded it. But you can always use jaggery as well, to make it more healthy. It’s completely your choice to use any sweetener or not.
Water: To make sharbat I have used water here, but you can also use milk instead of water. It tastes really great with milk too.
Ice cubes: Something, which is optional.
Bael ka Sharbat – Wood Apple SquashPrint Pin Rate Share on Facebook
- 1 nos Wood Apple/Bel
- 4 tbsp Sugar
- Water, chilled twice the amount of Bael pulp, or as needed
- Ice Cubes
- Wash wood apple, break them and take out its pulp.
- In a vessel add pulp and water doubled than pulp and let it soak for at-least an hour.
- After that smash it well with your hands until the pulp gets properly dissolved in the water. (separate the seeds and threads from the pulp)
- Filter the mixture with juice filter. (I prefer not not to do it it is entirely your choice)
- Add sugar in the juice and when it is mixed properly then add cold water or ice cubes in it. Your Bael ka Sharbat is ready for drink.
My Recommended Product:
Are you looking for Mixer Grinder for your Kitchen? Look no further, here I have listed two products, the first one is Sujata which I have been using for the past 12 years now, and I never faced any difficulties, except it started looking a bit old now. The best thing I liked about this product is that, if in case the jar gets spoiled, you can buy the new jar. So you don’t have to change the complete mixer grinder. So if I am to tell you, it’s the best ruff and tuff product you can choose.
And the second product is a grinder from Preethi if you are looking for a bit fashionable product. Preethi is again a very nice product you can opt for. Preethi is India’s No 1 Mixer-Grinder Brand, it has a powerful motor that ensures robust operations. Some of my relatives are using this product and to my knowledge, they are quite satisfied with it.
Disclosure: Bear in mind that some of the links in this post are affiliate links and if you go through them to make a purchase I will earn a small commission. Keep in mind that I link these companies and their products because of their quality and not because of the commission I receive from your purchases. I am an independent blogger and the reviews are done based on my own opinions. The decision is yours, and whether or not you decide to buy something is completely up to you.
- Most powerful 900 watts motor with double ball bearings for efficiency, low maintenance and trouble free running for years
- Juicer with unique honeycomb filter mesh for finer juice with higher yield
- 22000 rpm operation- retains original flavor and aroma of juices and food
- 90 mins. continuous running- suitable for longer usage Transparent and unbreakable mixer jar
- High strength stainless steel blade that cut finer and faster Low maintenance, trouble free running
- Indias No 1 Mixer-Grinder Brand(as per Francis Kanoi) ; Performance Features: This Preethi mixer grinder has a powerful motor that ensures robust operations
- Master Chef + Jar for food processing capabilities: Atta Kneading in 1 min, Chopping in just 2 pulses, Grating and Slicing in seconds, Meat mincing in minutes and Citrus Press, Non-slip Feet: Yes
- 3-In-1 Insta fresh Fruit Juicer Jar – Centrifugal juicing for instant juice, Super Extraction for coconut and tamarind extraction and Blending.
- 750W Vega W5 Motor that can grind turmeric in just 2 min ; Speed Controls: 3 Speed ; Voltage: 230V AC ~ 50 Hz ; Material of Body: A.B.S ; Flex Cord: PVC insulated 3 Core, Flexicord with Plugtop & earthing
- In case of any overload the colour of indicator light will be change from Blue to “Red”. This will indicate that the motor has tripped and the user needs to reset the overload protector which is located at the bottom of the product
Frequently Asked Questions about Bel ka Sharbat Recipe:
When should I drink Bel juice?
You can drink bael ka sharbat before lunch or dinner to reduce heat and thirst from body.
Can we drink Bel juice daily?
If bel is easily available for you then you can drink a glass of bael ka sharbat, every day. It is a choice you can make, if you are looking for some healthy and filling drink in summers.
Can we store Bael juice?
Yes, you can store bel juice for up to 5 days in a refrigerator. And the best way to store the bel juice is in a glass container with an airtight seal.
A lot of time, effort and passion goes into each post. My greatest satisfaction comes from your feedback. If you really liked this post and found helpful to you, please take a minute of your time to leave a comment and share it so that others have access to it as well. Thank you all for your support.