Bhalle Papdi Chaat is a famous North Indian fast food or street food. This is served almost all across India. Most of the time you would find people gathering nearby road side food vendors serving these kind of mouth-watering recipes. So if you are in the mood of having some kind of chaat item which is quick and easy to make then try this bhalle papdi chaat . I am sure you are going to love this.
Ingredients To make Bhalla :-
- Black Gram Dal/urad dal – 1 cup (soaked for 4 hrs)
- Salt – as per needed
- Ginger – 1 tbsp
- Red chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
- Oil – to deep fry
Ingredients to make Bhalle Papdi Chaat :-
- Bhalla – 8
- Papdi Crisp – 12 (can buy from store)
- Yogurt,whisked – 3 cups
- Salt – as per to taste
- Powdered Sugar – 1 tablespoon
- Potatoes – 2 medium (boiled and chopped)
- Chickpeas – 1/2 cup (boiled)
- Green chutney – 1/4 cup
- Dates and tamarind chutney – 1/4 cup
- Roasted cumin powder – 1 tsp
- Chaat masala – 1/2 teaspoon (or as per the taste)
- Red chilli powder – 1/2 teaspoon (or as per the taste)
- Fresh coriander leaves – 2 tablespoons
- Sev as per needed
- Pomegranate – 2 tablespoons
Method to make Bhalla :-
- Grind the blackgram dal with salt and ginger paste with very less water to get a smooth batter.
- Heat oil and fry small balls of the batter till golden brown.
- Immediately put them in a bowl of luke warm water and let it soak for five minutes.
- Squeeze excess water from each bhalla and keep it aside.
Method to make Bhalla Papdi Chaat :-
- Add salt and sugar to yogurt and whisk till smooth.
- Keep it in the refrigerator till use.
- Arrange the papdis on a plate.
- Place bhallas and some potatoes on each papdi.
- Over that put some boiled chickpeas.
- Cover with chilled yogurt.
- Pour a little green chutney and sweet tamarind chutney.
- Sprinkle a little cumin powder, chaat masala, red chilli powder and salt.
- Garnish with coriander leaves, sev and pomegranate seeds and serve immediately.
Chaat is something that you would want to have as per your own taste as some people like to have it spicy or some doesn’t,
some people like sweet chutney some doesn’t. So you adjust the ingredients according to your preference.