Potato Mint Raita Recipe – Boondi raita is my personal favorite but, that doesn’t stop me from savoring any of the others. I had earlier posted a recipe to another variety of raita called as cucumber raita.
You might have noticed in each of these varieties that, the raita gets the name of whatever is added to it. So, when boondi raita had boondi added to it, cucumber raita has grated cucumber added to it. And that should be more than a guidance to make any other raita of your choice.
My daughter is a fan of raita. In fact she is fond of curd in any form. And I prefer giving her a lot of curd because of its many advantages. And since I can feed her with most of the vegetables in the form of a raita, I prefer making a wide variety of these just by grating in all of these vegetables like carrot, cabbage, onion etc.
Raita is a compulsory side dish you would find in any Indian restaurant or an Indian home. If you are having some hot and spicy dish, it is good to have raita as it gives a cooling effect to your stomach. There are many ways to make Raita. This particular raita recipe is made with potato, curd and flavored with some mint to give it a more refreshing taste.
Almost all raita recipes will have one thing in common that is curd (yogurt). Curd, in addition to it helping with digestion, is also a very good weight loss supplement. Yogurt has proven to help reduce weight naturally. So in addition to being a good side dish, raita can also help you with your weight loss goals.
Potato Mint Raita RecipePrint Pin Rate Share on Facebook
- Curd - 250 gms.
- Potato - 3 boiled and peeled
- Green chilli - 1 finely chopped
- Cumin seeds - 1/2 tea spoon roast it on tava and make a powder in mortar
- Black pepper - 1/4 tsp you can use less or more as per your taste
- Coriander leaves - 1/2 tbsp finely chopped
- Mint leaves - 1/2 tbsp finely chopped
- Chilli flakes - 1/2 tsp optional
- Salt - as per the taste
- Oil - 1/2 tsp
- Mustard seeds - less then 1/2 tsp
- Asafoetida - a pinch
- Heat oil in a pan add mustard seeds.
- Once the seeds starts spluttering add asafoetida.
- Add potato and fry till it gets little crispy.
- Once done take it out in a plate and let it cool down.
- In the meanwhile take a mixing bowl and whisk the curd.
- Combine curd, potatoes, green chilli, roasted cumin powder, black pepper, coriander leaves, mint leaves, chilli flakes, salt and mix well.
- Keep the bowl in the refrigerator and take it out before food.
- Serve the chilled Potato Raita along with biryani, stuffed paratha or pulav etc.
Please do take a little time to comment on the recipes, as your feedback means a lot to me. And don’t forget to share the recipes on your favorite social networks sites.