Low Carb Cottage Cheese Coconut Gravy Recipe is a tasty and healthy recipe for those who are on Low Carb Diet.
“It’s a special bond that spans the years. Through laughter, worry, smiles and tears, A sense of trust that can’t be broken, A depth of love sometimes unspoken, A lifelong friendship built on sharing, Hugs and kisses, warmth and caring, Mother and daughter, their hearts as one – A link that can never be undone. ”
I was very tired yesterday, after a long day of cleaning at my new house (we are still settling down and it seems it will go on and on). Still, I was thinking of what to prepare for the lunch box for my daughter, for the next day.
After seeing my languid face my daughter asked “Mom what happened? What are you thinking so deeply?”.
I said, “I am planning for tomorrow’s routine, baby. I am also thinking of what to prepare for your lunch box tomorrow”.
I then asked, “You tell me baby, what do you want me to prepare for tomorrow’s lunch box?”
Her reply was quick, “Make whatever is easy for you Mom”.
She thought for a minute and then said, “Puri is something you will have to make. So give me aloo paratha”.
I smiled at her innocent answer and said, “Beta, be it kachori or, paratha.. I will have to make both. So shall I make Halwa for you dear, since that will be very easy for me”.
A look at her face and I could understand that she was not much interested in taking halwa for lunch since she had it just about two days back as well.
She then replied and her response was the most loving thing I could have expected from a little daughter, “Mom you can make halwa for me since it will be less work for you”.
Her words showed how much she cared for me and understood me. I felt so good seeing she observed me and my daily routine. She notices and recognizes the kind of effort I put in. Which at times I think even elders fail to do.
I was a satisfied mom at the way she responded to the situation and I hope that this good habit of caring remains the same as she grows up.
Low Carb Cottage Cheese Coconut Gravy Recipe
So here comes another diet recipe called ” Low Carb Cottage Cheese Coconut Gravy Recipe”. This recipe is very tasty and it’s worth trying while you are on Low Carb Diet.
I am sure you would love this healthy diet recipe. The main ingredients of this recipe are cottage cheese( paneer) followed with some capsicum, small onion, coconut milk etc.
You can try this recipe along with low carb cauliflower rice, the recipe for which I will be sharing soon and this can also be eaten along with Low Carb Tawa Naan Bread Recipe.
Now if you are wondering as to “why so many low carb recipes”, then let me clarify that as well.
The 2 of us – me and Dilip were on a low carb diet a few months back and we thoroughly enjoyed the diet. We never felt that we were really on a diet. The recipes were tasty and helped us lose more than 7 kgs while enjoying the diet.
And that is why I thought I should share these recipes with you.
- Cottage Cheese - 250 grams
- Red Bell Pepper - 1 diced
- Shallots - 2 roughly chopped
- Tomato - 1 roughly chopped
- Green Chilli - 1 roughly chopped
- Ginger-garlic Paste - 1/3 teaspoon
- Coriander Powder - 1/3 teaspoon
- Cumin Powder - 1/3 teaspoon
- Garam Masala Powder - 1/3 teaspoon
- Pepper Powder - 1/3 teaspoon
- Turmeric Powder - a pinch
- Chilli Powder - to taste
- Coconut Milk - 2 cups
- Mozzarella Cheese - 2 tablespoon grated
- Parsley - 1 tablespoon finely chopped
- Butter - 3 tablespoon
- Salt - to taste
- Add onion, tomato and green chilli in a grinder and make a paste of it. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of butter in a pan.
- Add diced bell pepper and fry on a medium flame for few minutes.(do not overcook)
- Take it out in a plate, keep it aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoon of butter again in the same pan.
- Add ginger-garlic paste to it and saute until the raw smell goes off.
- Add the ground mixture and salt to it, fry for few minutes.
- Add all the spices and fry until the raw smell of the mixture goes off.
- Add cottage cheese and bell pepper. Mix it well.
- Add coconut milk and give it a nice stir. Let it boil.
- Once done add mozzarella cheese and simmer for few more minutes.
- Add chopped parsley and switch off the flame.
- Serve hot along with low carb cauliflower rice or Naan bread.
A lot of time, effort and passion goes into each post. My greatest satisfaction comes from your feedback. If you really liked this post and found helpful to you, please take a minute of your time to leave a comment and share it so that others have access to it as well. Thank you all for your support. ????