Traditionally butter milk/buttermilk was the liquid left behind after churning butter out of cream. But nowadays, because of lack of time thanks to the lifestyle that we live, people follow the below method to make buttermilk because it is easier and faster.
It can be drank just like that. Butter milk is very good for minor stomach upsets. It tastes real good when flavored with asafoetida, coriander leaves, ginger and curry leaves. Butter milk can also be used in most of the recipes as well.
- Curd – 500gms.
- Green Chillies – 2 to 3 cut into fine small pieces
- Salt to taste
- Curry leaves
- Ice cubes
- Whip the curd slightly after adding water to the curd in the ratio of 2:1 (curd:water).
- Crush the finely chopped chillies along with the curry leaves.
- Add this to the whipped curd.
- Put a few ice cubes and whip again in a grinder.
- Add salt to tastes.
- Your butter milk is ready to be served.