Dominos Style Garlic Bread is a simple garlic bread recipe made in a similar style to the one that is served in Dominos restaurant and uses some very simple ingredients that should mostly be readily available at home. (Step-by-Step Method of Preparation)
About Dominos Style Garlic Bread Recipe:
As the name suggests Garlic bread is bread which has lots of garlic in it flavored with oregano and chili flakes.. The dough for the garlic bread is made with some basic pantry items like all-purpose flour, sugar, yeast, and a generous amount of the garlic seasoning mix.
Dominos style garlic bread is very easy to make and is a great tea-time snack recipe. This homemade garlic bread is just like dominos. I am sure your kids would love this recipe, in fact, people of all ages are going to love this delicious homemade garlic bread recipe.
These Garlic breadsticks are a perfect companion for your pasta, soups, and salad. Garlic Bread can also be eaten as it is, or you can serve some soft drink or soda.
Let me tell you what I do generally is that I plan for garlic bread a day ahead for the weekend breakfast. So I make garlic bread at night and keep it in the OTG. And in the morning, I just heat it and ….
… Your tasty morning breakfast is ready to be served. Serve garlic bread along with mayonnaise and a glass of juice or shake.
Isn’t that a great combo for your weekend breakfast?
So what are you waiting for?
Do try Dominos style garlic bread at home and delight your family. And do not forget to share your experience with us by commenting below. We would love to hear from you.
For Cheese Lovers, there are many cheese recipes on the blog here, like:
Homemade Vegetable Pizza Puff Recipe
Homemade Cheese Burst Pizza Recipe in Kadai
Cheese Stuffed Garlic Breadsticks Recipe
Basic Ingredients used to make Dominos Style Garlic bread Recipe:
Maida: I have made the bread dough with All purpose flour but you can replace maida with whole wheat flour.
Milk: We’ve added lukewarm milk and a little lukewarm water to bring the dough together because the addition of milk makes the dough softer.
Sugar: Sugar is really important for this recipe. Sugar acts as a catalyst that kicks start the yeast fermentation process.
Yeast: I have used active dry yeast. You can use either active dry yeast or instant yeast. Instant yeast takes less time for proofing. But most importantly use good quality yeast.
Garlic: Of course, it is a must add.
Oregano Seasoning: Here we have used a mixed homemade oregano seasoning, you can check out the same in the recipe card.
Maize Flour: To make Dominos-style garlic bread, simply dust a clean dry surface with little maize flour and roll the dough. It gives a rough texture similar to what you get in Dominos.
Butter: We would need lot’s of butter also for this recipe.
Dominos Style Garlic Bread Recipe – How to Make Garlic Bread at Home
For the Dough
- 1/4 cup Luke Warm Milk
- 3/4 tbsp Sugar
- 1 ½ tsp Yeast dry active yeast
- 1 ¾ cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Garlic crushed
- 1 tbsp Oregano Seasoning
- 1 ½ tbsp Butter
- 1/4 cup Water
- 5-6 pods Garlic crushed, or finely chopped
- 3 tbsp Butter melted
- Maize Flour as needed
For Spice Mixture
- 4 tbsp Oregano
- 1 tbsp Black Pepper
- 1 tbsp Chilli Flakes
- 1 tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
How to Make Spice Mixture
- Take a mortar pestle, add oregano, black pepper, red chilli flakes and garlic powder.
- Pound till coarse, so the flavours blend very well and keep aside. You can either use store bought oregano seasoning or make your own by following this recipe. This seasoning is very important, since it provides the necessary flavour to garlic bread. Once the mixture is ready set it aside.
How to Make Garlic Bread Sticks
- In a bowl add the milk and the sugar. Mix it so that the sugar dissolves.
- Add the yeast and mix it well. Let it stay for the yeast to get activated. (After mixing allow to stand for 10 to 15 minutes till the yeast solution bubbles up and becomes frothy).
- Once the yeast is activated, add the all-purpose flour, salt, crushed garlic, and the Oregano. (you can add oregano even after mixing the dough, and then again give it a nice mix).
- Add luke warm water little by little and start kneading the dough. Add enough water to keep the dough a little sticky.
- Knead it into a soft sticky dough and continue kneading for about 8-10 minutes till the time the dough stops sticking and develops a soft texture.
- Add the butter and knead it again for another 5 minutes.
- Fold the dough from the sides inwards towards the bottom and keep it in a bowl. Brush butter all over the dough and cover it and let it rest. (This process is called proofing of the yeast/ raising the dough).
- Leave the dough for about 45 minutes to 1 hour until the dough has more than doubled in size.
- Once the dough has proofed, take it out on a platform and knead it for another 5 minutes.
- Now cut the dough into two parts.
- Take each part and fold the dough inwards just like you did it in the earlier step.
- Spread some maize flour on the platform and place one part of the risen dough on the maize flour. Addition of maize flour gives a rough texture similar to what you get in Dominos Garlic bread.
- With soft hands spread the dough and make it into a round about 8 inches in diameter.
- Now fold it in half and stick the edges with soft hands.
- In a pan melt some butter and add the chopped garlic to it.
- Take a pizza tray or, a baking tray and apply butter generously on it. Then sprinkle oregano seasoning generously on the tray.
- Now place the folded base on the tray and apply butter all over it.
- Sprinkle Oregano generously on the top layer.
- Then using a knife make small portions of the base.
- Preheat your oven to 260 degrees for about 20 minutes.
- Place the tray in the preheated oven and bake at 260 degrees for about 15 minutes.
- You might want to rotate the tray once in between so that all the sides are nicely baked.
- Once the bread is baked, take out the tray and apply butter all over the bread.
- Your garlic bread is ready to be served.
My Recommended Product:
- Convection function ensures faster and uniform heating
- Motorized rotisserie for uniform grilling
- Double Glass Door
- 12 Stage heating options. Voltage: 230 V AC/50 Hz
- Adjustable Temperature Control 90° - 250°C
Frequently Asked Questions about Dominos Garlic Breadsticks?
Why is Garlic Bread so Hard?
Use warm water, but not hot water when blooming the yeast. Don’t over-knead, either! Developing the gluten too much will cause a tough loaf.
What is the difference between dry yeast and instant dry yeast?
Active dry yeast and instant yeast both help leaven bread and provide an airy, light texture, but they do so in slightly different ways and there’s one major difference in how you use them: Active dry yeast needs to be dissolved in water before using, while instant yeast can be mixed right into dry ingredients.
What happens to bread with too much yeast?
Too much yeast could cause the dough to go flat by releasing gas before the flour is ready to expand. If you let the dough rise too long, it will start having a yeast or beer smell and taste and ultimately deflate or rise poorly in the oven and have a light crust.
Can you replace active dry yeast with instant yeast?
Active dry yeast and instant yeast can generally be used interchangeably, one-for-one (although active dry yeast may be slower to rise). So if a recipe calls for instant yeast and you use active dry yeast instead, you may want to consider adding an extra 10 to 15 minutes for the rise time.
Will Salt kill yeast in bread?
Salt does retard yeast growth, and in concentrations that are too high, it can indeed kill the yeast. In judicious amounts, salt is what brings out the flavor in the bread and controls yeast growth so that the resulting crumb is nice and even.
Some More Fast Food Recipe you Might Want to Try:
Burger Recipe at Home – Easy Vegetable Burger Recipe
Spicy Paneer Burrito
A lot of time, effort and passion goes into each post. My greatest satisfaction comes from your feedback. If you really liked this post and found helpful to you, please take a minute of your time to leave a comment and share it so that others have access to it as well. Thank you all for your support.