Sattu ka Paratha Recipe is made with roasted Chana dal. In this recipe, sattu is the main ingredient. It’s an easy to make recipe and can be served along with sweet and salty tomato chutney, baingan ka bharta or can also be eaten with any kind of pickle as well.
A son is a son till he takes him a wife, a daughter is a daughter all of her life. ~ Irish Proverb
The other day, my little daughter was away at her friend’s place.
These days during holidays or, weekends she likes going to this friend’s house and spending the entire day there. And at some other days, her friend spends the entire day at our house.
It’s fun to watch the two of them. They enjoy each other’s company so much that they don’t even care about what is happening around them.
They seem to be the happiest when they are with each other. It looks like they are in a world of their own.
A lot of times, me and Dilip – we look at each other and think about how happy they are in each other’s company.
..and then we think about how times are changing.
As our little daughter is growing, her world seems to be changing. Changing from around us, her parents, to her friends.
Yeah, the other day when she was away at her friends place, this was exactly what we were discussing. How years are flying past and how out little daughter is growing..
And one day she will find a life partner for her and then our place in her life will be a distant 2nd or, even the 3rd.
That’s when Dilip showed me this video. It was of a father singing a song for his daughter who is both deaf and dump. Apparently, he took and an entire year to learn how to sing the song in sign language and then sang it to her on her birthday.
The song is “I loved her first” by Heartland.
The lyrics of the song itself is so touching. And the way, the father sings it to his daughter makes you even more emotional.
When we had watched the entire video, the two of us looked at each other and found that both of our eyes were filled with tears.
And then Dilip said that Irish proverb and touched my hand. And I said, “Yes, that’s true. A daughter is a daughter all of her life”.
Sattu ka Paratha Recipe – How to Make Stuffed Sattu Paratha
Sattu ka parantha is a staple food in Bihar. It is made with roasted Chana dal powder. In this recipe, Sattu is the main ingredient. Its an easy to make recipe and can be served along with sweet or salty tomato chutney or baingan ka bharta. This can also be eaten with any kind of pickle as well.
My Mother makes Sattu ka Paratha without onion so you can try that version of it too. And if you are adding onion to it then make sure you chop it really fine, else the paratha’s might tear while rolling.
You might also like:
Sattu Ka Paratha
Ingredients for Stuffing:
- 1 cup Sattu roasted chana dal powder
- 1 Onion, medium finely chopped
- 10 cloves Garlic finely crushed
- 1 inch Ginger finely crushed
- 3 nos Green Chilli finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Coriander leaves finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice - 1 tbsp
- 1-2 tbsp Pickle Masala You can add the pickle masala from the stuffed red chilli pickle or mango pickle. Pickle masala gives a nice taste and flavour to sattu ka paratha,but you can use any pickle masala available
- 1/2 tsp Ajwain
- 1 tbsp Mustard Oil
- Salt to taste
- Oil to roast paratha, you can use any vegetable oil, mustard oil or ghee
- 2 cups Wheat flour
- Salt to taste
- Water to knead
- Add salt in the wheat flour and make a medium soft dough which you normally make for stuffed parathas. Set aside.
- Take a bowl, add everything mentioned under stuffing.
Mix everything really well with your fingers, so that the stuffing bind together due to the coriander, mustard oil and lemon juice added to it. You can taste the mixture at this time to make adjustments if required.
- If needed you can sprinkle some water if the stuffing is too dry.
- Now divide the dough into small portion and make it into a round shape.
- Place a portion of sattu mixture (approx 2 tbsin the middle, enfold the filling and pinch off the excess dough.
- Then roll out the paratha.
- Cook on hot tawa or flat pan, applying oil till both sides are cooked and golden brown in colour.
- Serve hot along with baingan ka bharta, tomato chutney, curd or pickle.
- It can be served for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
A lot of time, effort and passion goes into each post. My greatest satisfaction comes from your feedback. If you really liked this post and found helpful to you, please take a minute of your time to leave a comment and share it so that others have access to it as well. Thank you all for your support.