Do you love radish? If you do then I am sure you would love this Stuffed Mooli Paratha Recipe as well. Mooli Paratha along with butter, well it tastes so great that you can’t just eat one. Mooli ka paratha, just like all other stuffed paratha recipes is a preferred one especially for Punjabi’s.
You might find a slight difficulty in making Mooli ka paratha since you will have to squeeze the water from the radish properly and second after adding salt in mooli mixture you need to work quickly as exposure to salt will make the radish ooze out more water. So it’s better to work with small quantity of filling at a time. And most importantly you will also have to take care while stuffing and rolling the paratha’s so that it should not tear in between.
Ooooops……Don’t get scared. 🙂
The reason why I am telling you all this because I really don’t want to tell only the good thing about the recipe and I want to be very transparent with you.
Trust me, though I know that it sounds too difficult to make but it tastes heavenly…… 🙂
Stuffed Mooli Paratha RecipePrint Pin Rate Share on Facebook
For the Dough
- Wheat flour - 1 cup
- Ajwain - 1/4 tsp optional
- Salt - 1/4 tsp
- Oil - 1 tbsp
- Water - as per required to mix dough
For the Stuffing:
- Grated Radish mooli - 2 heaped cups
- Green chillies - 1-2 finely chopped
- Ginger - 1/2 tsp crushed
- Coriander leaves - 3-4 tbsp finely chopped
- Red chilli powder - as per the taste
- Garam masala powder - 1/2 tsp
- Salt - as per the taste
Method to mix dough
- In a wide bowl, add wheat flour, salt, oil, ajwain and knead the wheat flour with water to a smooth dough.
- If needed you can add 1 tsp oil again and give it a final knead and to make the dough more soft.
- Cover and let the dough rest at least ten minutes.
- Divide the dough into equal parts and make balls out of it.
Method to make stuffing:
- Grate the radish and squeeze off all the water with hand.
- Then add the water drained radish to a wide bowl.
- Now add green chilli, ginger, coriander leaves, garam masala powder, red chilli powder and mix well.
- Do not add salt to it now, since doing that will result in the radish releasing water again.
- Take little portion at a time for the stuffing and mix salt as needed to that portion before you stuff it.
Method to make paratha:
- Take a atta dough ball.
- Using the palm and your fingers press and spread the dough into a small round shaped puri.
- Keep a tbsp of stuffing in the center, gather all the corners and seal the dough with the stuffing inside. Press it down gently to flatten it.
- Now gently roll the stuffed parathas to a size of a chapati or roti. (take care that the filling does not ooze out or tears the dough)
- Now heat tawa and roast the paratha with ghee, oil or butter till golden brown on both sides.
- Remove from tawa after both the sides are cooked well.
- Follow the same process with the rest of the dough balls.
- So the mooli ka paratha is ready to serve.
- Serve along with white butter, curd, chutney, tomato sauce or pickles.
A lot of time, effort and passion goes into each post. My greatest satisfaction comes from your feedback. If you really liked this post and found helpful to you, please take a minute of your time to leave a comment and share it so that others have access to it as well. Thank you all for your support.